The Tour 2011 route has been announced, and we’re hard at work sorting out the Bikestyle trips for next year! Check out our probable trips now, register your interest or pay a deposit to secure your spot. We’ve also got guaranteed Etape du Tour 2011 entries available now if you want to take up that [...]
- Sunday's events are scheduled to begin at the same times.
- Next update as live coverage gets underway.
- This weekend sees round two, the Derby City Cup, of the Greenware U.S. Gran Prix of Cyclocross at Louisville, Kentucky. Papa John's Pizza, headquartered in Louisville, returns as presenting sponsor for this event. There will be live streaming video of the elite women's and elite men's events.
- Cyclocross fans can watch both Saturday's and Sunday's events live online. The elite women's event begins first each day, at 1:45pm U.S. Eastern, with the elite men's event starting at 3:00pm U.S. Eastern each day.
Event: US Gran Prix of Cyclocross Derby City Cup October 23-24, 2010 Official website Live video Women: 1:45pm U.S. Eastern (Louisville time) (19:45 CET) Men: 3:00pm U.S. Eastern) (21:00 CET)
2010-10-23: An annual ride that takes place during the Neewollah festival in Independence, Kansas during the last full week of October. Enjoy 18, 35, and 70-mile routes through scenic Southeast Kansas.
The 2011 Giro d'Italia Route Presentation is Saturday and Italy's Rai3 will be showing the event live. We also expect there to be live streaming video on the official website beginning at or shortly after 17:00 CET (11:00am U.S. Eastern); we will list options for watching on the internet as the event begins. - Giro d'Italia Official Website -
- TDF competitions director Jean-Francois Pescheux is quoted in L'Equipe Tuesday as saying that in selecting stage towns, ASO tried to give priority to towns that also host stages of Paris-Nice, the Dauphine Libere or the Tour de l'Avenir. "Towns that only want a stage of the Tour de France are not a priority for us," Pescheux said.
- As noted last week on Twitter, the Schleck brothers will be present in Paris today as will Ivan Basso, Vincenzo Nibali, Cadel Evans, new World Champion Thor Hushovd, Samuel Sanchez, Thomas Voeckler and George Hincapie. L'Equipe Tuesday notes that the world number one ranked rider Joaquim Rodriguez will also be present, as will John Gadret, Pierre Rolland, Yoann Offredo and Nicolas Roche. 2008 Tour winner Carlos Sastre will be the only former winner present among active riders. UCI president Pat McQuaid will also attend (and he will speak to the media regarding the Alberto Contador doping investigation), as will new WADA head Bruno Genevois.
- Before the actual route is revealed, Tour organizer ASO will show an 8-10 minutes highlights video from the 2010 Tour. It reminds everyone how great an event the Tour is and attendees at the Palais des Congres will be mesmerized in front of the big screen. (The video will also be part of the live online broadcast.) But it is also an opportunity for ASO, which edits this video in-house and has waited until the last minute this year given the events surrounding the Alberto Contador positive, to express its displeasure with anything that harms its image. See the brief Floyd Landis clip below. Given the uncertainty of the Contador case, however, it is not believed that Tuesday's video will treat Contador similarly, though it is likely that Contador will be somewhat less prominent in the video than he would have been had he not tested positive. -Pete
Video clip (click image to play brief clip): The beauty of the Tour de France, a breakaway on the Col d'Izoard set to music. This is what it is all about and no one does this better than France Televisions. Clip extracted from DVD given to attendees at the 2007 TDF Route Presentation.
Video clip (click image to play brief clip): Tour organizer ASO's reaction to Floyd Landis testing positive. Clip extracted from DVD given to attendees at the 2007 TDF Route Presentation.
- The event isn't even broadcast on French TV but for the third consecutive year we have live internet feeds. Versus will once again be offering a live feed. (A Versus press release today incorrectly stated that this is the first year they are streaming this event live.) Link at right.
2010-10-17: The Road to Recovery ride helps bring awareness about Leukemia, and the families it touches. The event includes 25-, 50- and 80-mile rides on paved roads through the Flint Hills in Butler County out of El Dorado, Kansas.
- LIVEvideo now here. Feed took awhile to load.
- There are Time Trial events Sunday for Junior Women, Junior Men, Elite Women (Jeannie Longo, Amber Neben, Edwige Pitel), Espoirs Men (Alex Dowsett) and Elite Men (David Millar, Philippe Gilbert, Edvald Boasson Hagen, Nicolas Vogondy, Marco Pinotti, Markel Irizar, Dimitri Champion). Yes, Tour of Lombardy winner Gilbert is on the start list.
- Organizers have announced live video for ALL events according to the following schedule:
Junior Women: 11:30am (5:30am U.S. Eastern) Junior Men: 11:46am (5:46am U.S. Eastern) Elite Women: 12:58pm (6:58am U.S. Eastern) U23 Men: 1:50pm (7:50am U.S. Eastern) Elite Men: 2:50pm (8:50am U.S. Eastern)
- Alexandre Vinokourov (Astana) won the Elite Men's event in 2009. He is not back to defend.
- The Grand Prix des Nations Time Trial was first run in 1932. I photographed the last two editions (2003, 2004) of the event which was organized by TDF organizer A.S.O. The Chrono des Herbiers was renamed the Chrono des Nations a couple of years ago, effectively merging the two events, though this is no longer an A.S.O. event. Five-time TDF winner Jacques Anquetil holds the record of victories (in the GP des Nations): 9 victories in 9 participations! -Pete
On Tuesday:2011 Tour de France Route Presentation LIVE from Paris
- Today's L'Equipe rates 2009 Lombardia winner Philippe Gilbert the lone 4-star favorite to win the race. They give 3 stars to Vincenzo Nibali, 2 stars to Cadel Evans and Michele Scarponi, and 1 star to S. Sanchez, Martin, Kolobnev, Visconti, Fuglsang, A. Schleck, Brajkovic.
- More live feeds will be listed as live television coverage gets underway. Note that though some live TV coverage begins as early as 2:30pm local time, there is no guarantee that there will be live feeds available worldwide that early.
- Text tickers go LIVE before live video. See the Live tickers section at right.
- The 2010 Giro di Lombardia departs Milan at 10:45 CET (4:45am U.S. Eastern) and is expected at the finish in Como between 16:47 and 17:25 CET (10:47am and 11:25am U.S. Eastern). Giro di Lombardia live video should get underway from around 14:30 CET (8:30am U.S. Eastern) in some markets. Other start times are listed at right in the Live video streaming section.
- We will update here with the best and latest live video feeds at broadcast time.
- Welcome to our live coverage guide for the 2010 Giro di Lombardia.
- Text tickers go LIVE before live video. See the Live tickers section at right.
- The Under 23 (Espoirs) race also starts at 11:25 CET but departs Bonneval instead of La Loupe and arrives in Tours about one hour before the Elite Men. Approximately one hour after the U23 riders depart Bonneval, spectators in this beautiful little medieval town will get to see the main event pass through.
- The 2010 Paris-Tours departs La Loupe at 11:25 CET (5:25am U.S. Eastern) and is expected at the finish in Tours (Avenue de Grammont for the last time) between 16:34 and 17:03 CET (10:34am and 11:03am U.S. Eastern). Paris-Tours live video should get underway from around 15:25 CET (9:25am U.S. Eastern).
Also on Sunday:Superprestige Cyclocross - Ruddervoorde (Click graphic for live coverage)
- Last run in 1996, the Binche-Tournai-Binche (Belgium) makes its return Tuesday under the name Mémorial Frank Vandenbroucke. Vandenbroucke, who died a year ago at the age of 34, won that last edition of the race. There will be live TV coverage with special guests as well as of the peloton as it passes through Binche. We are hoping there will be a live video streamhere starting at 15:30 CET (9:30am U.S. Eastern). We don't expect there to be full coverage of the actual race itself. Click for more info. (Thanks, Bernie S.)