We’re a small and tight-knit team that is working on a completely new project within Peak that aims to disrupt the way humans learn. Learning & progressing are at the core of Peak's vision and this product has the potential to positively affect the learning aspirations of billions of people on the planet. We know it may take years to create the impact that we are aiming for, but we believe that an autonomous team working passionately and progressively for the same goal can achieve extraordinary outcomes. In the most simple sense, we believe this is how we can create products that change the world.
We are looking for an experienced Android Engineer to join our newly formed team to create a world-class product. The product at its core will be utilising cutting edge technologies that apply automated speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding, text-to-speech (TTS), and conversational AI. We believe that conversation-based communication is the most ideal way of interacting with technology and every advancement in this area has the potential to touch billions of people's lives.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Join the mobile team to start building our Android application from scratch. Our app has only IOS version at the moment.
- Engage in an iterative process of designing, testing, improving and shipping our Android app.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Write clean, maintainable code and participate in peer code-reviews.
- You will have ownership of a primary work stream, which you will own end-to-end, but work in close collaboration with your fellow mobile engineers.
- You will be expected to be a key contributor and thought leader in driving the architecture, code health and processes for building robust mobile products.
Desired skills and experiences
- University degree in Computer Science or any equivalent department.
- 3+ years of Android development experience.
- A deep care about developing, releasing and maintaining high quality code.
- Strong engineering skills and programming fundamentals.
- Good command of Android Development (Android Studio, Java and/or Kotlin) and experience on best practices and idioms in either of these languages.
- Apart from language and technology, having software architecture design, OOP and design patterns principles on various scales.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.
Working at Peak
- Fast-paced environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture.
- Never-ending learning and development opportunities.
- Relevant conferences abroad to stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Team events and trips.
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and regular feedback.
- Full health benefits.