We are looking for motivated interns to join our Big Data Team in Peak office for 2 months during this summer. Peak's Big Data Engineering Team works with data at an incredible scale that helps us improve the quality of our products. This is a great opportunity to touch software development, data processing and service operations. As a Big Data Engineering Intern you will work with more senior engineers in building, extending and optimizing performance of existing data pipelines.
What you'll learn during your internship
- Support the team in designing and building data processing architecture in the cloud
- Work well as an individual and as part of a team that loves to deploy best practices
- Learn how to build an automated and scalable data pipeline
- Being involved in projects and being part of a dynamic environment
- Participate in weekly planning and review meetings
- Great attitude towards learning new skills and applying them in projects
- Develop strong engineering skills and programming fundamentals
- Working with multiple tasks that need strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
Here's what you'll need
- Being enrolled in university and currently in your 3rd or 4th year of Computer Science / Computer Engineering or a related field of studies
- Have a schedule that allows you to work in Peak office for 2 months full-time during summer
- Ready to use the academic knowledge in a fast-paced, real hands-on environment
- Have a real passion for software engineering, as demonstrated by previous internships, work experience or projects
- Have a deep understanding of data structures, in particular how they are implemented and how to apply them to solve problems
- Prior experience with Python and Go will be an advantage
- Some practical experience working on AWS or another cloud provider
- Remote interview with HR and Tech
- Lead Remote final interview
Working at Peak
- Fast-paced environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture.
- Never-ending learning and development opportunities.
- Relevant conferences abroad to stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Team events and trips.
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and regular feedback.
- Full health benefits.