Peak's Big Data Engineering Team works with data at incredible scale that helps us improve the quality of our products. This is a great opportunity to touch software development, data processing and service operations. As a Big Data Engineering Intern you will work with more senior engineers in building, extending and optimizing performance of existing data pipelines.
What you'll learn during your internship
- Support the team in designing and building data processing architecture in the cloud.
- Work well as an individual and as part of a team that loves to deploy best practices.
- Learn how to build an automated and scalable data pipeline.
- Being involved in projects and being part of a dynamic environment.
- Participate in weekly planning and review meetings.
- Great attitude towards learning new skills and applying them in projects
- Develop strong engineering skills and programming fundamentals.
- Working with the multiple tasks that need strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
Here's what you'll need
- Being enrolled in university and currently in your 3rd or 4th year of Computer Science / Computer Engineering or a related field of studies.
- Have a schedule that allows you to work 2 months full-time during summer.
- Ready to use the academic knowledge in a fast-paced, real hands-on environment.
- Have a real passion for software engineering, as demonstrated by previous internships, work experience or projects
- Have a deep understanding of data structures, in particular how they are implemented and how to apply them to solve problems.
- Prior experience with Java, Python and Go will be an advantage.
- Some practical experience working on AWS or another cloud provider.
Working at Peak
- Fast-paced environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture.
- Never-ending learning and development opportunities.
- Relevant conferences abroad to stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Team events and trips.
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and regular feedback.
- Full health benefits.